West Holland Park Neighbourhood Area
In December 2021 the Council was approached by the West Holland Park Forum to designate a neighbourhood area and neighbourhood forum for an area of land to the south of the Holland Park roundabout and on the streets to either side of Holland Road.
View details of the consultation on the RBKC Planning Consult website.
The Council's Decision
On 10th March 2022 the Council:
- designated an amended area as the West Holland Park Neighbourhood Area.
- refused the application to designate the West Holland Park Forum as the neighbourhood forum for the West Holland Park Neighbourhood Area.
- Map of the area
Key decision report
View the key decision report on the RBKC How We Govern website.
Under the relevant regulations the Council must set out the reasons for its decision to amend the area of the designated Neighbourhood Area and why e have refused to designate the neighbourhood forum.
- West Holland Park Refusal Statement
- Name of designated neighbourhood area: West Holland Park Neighbourhood Area
- Name of applicant: West Holland Park Forum
- Consultation period: 3 December 2021 to 27 January 2022
Notice is hereby given that Kensington and Chelsea Council, pursuant to a decision made on 10th March 2021 by the Lead Member for Planning, Place and the Environment, has:
- Refused the designation of the West Holland Park Neighbourhood Area as proposed by the West Holland Park Forum and consulted upon between 3 December 2021 and January 2022;
- Designated an amended West Holland Park Neighbourhood Area; and
- Refused the application to designate the West Holland Park Forum as the neighbourhood forum for the West Holland Park Neighbourhood Area.
In accordance with Sections 61F(7)(d) and 61G(9) of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 and the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, a local authority must give reasons for refusing an application to be designated as a Neighbourhood Planning Forum or of a Neighbourhood Planning Area. These reasons are stated below.
Reasons for decision
A clear majority of the consultation responses received on the proposed neighbourhood area designation objected or raised concerns about the application. This included the view that the area proposed did not reflect the true nature of the community, with many of those who live to the east of Holland Road not considering themselves to form part of a neighbourhood with those to the west.
As such it was not considered that the specified area is not an appropriate area to be designated as a neighbourhood area.
The neighbourhood area designated has been amended accordingly. The amended area does not include the area to the east of Holland Road, including the properties on the east side of that road.
The amended area is set on this page.
Section 61F(5)(c) of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended) requires a neighbourhood forum to have a membership of at least 21 individuals who live or work in the neighbourhood area. Due to the changes made to the neighbourhood area, the proposed forum does not meet this minimum membership and has therefore been refused.
Last updated: 11 March 2022