Local Support Payments

If you live in Hammersmith & Fulham, Kensington and Chelsea or Westminster, and you need help because of an emergency or a crisis, you may be entitled to a Local Support Payment (LSP).

You may also qualify if you need help to remain or settle in the community.

The payments are not given to you as cash. They are usually good quality, second hand furniture or white goods (for example, refrigerators or washing machines) or store vouchers for specific goods.

Before you can claim a Local Support Payment you have to:

  • be claiming a qualifying benefit*, or about to claim one because you are leaving care or an institution such as hospital or prison
  • live in one of the boroughs listed above, or have been housed elsewhere by one of those boroughs
  • not have too much in savings, and not have had more than two LSPs in the last 12 months

How to apply

If you think that you may be entitled to a payment you can apply online:

Online forms are also available for residents of the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham (LBHF), and Westminster City Council (WCC) 

You can also apply over the phone on 020 7745 6464.

* Income Support, Employment and Support Allowance (ESA), Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, Pension Credit, Incapacity Benefit, Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payment, Attendance Allowance, maximum Universal Credit (where the latest award has not been reduced by earnings or other income).

If you do not qualify for a Local Support Payment, we have compiled a list of other help and advice services.