How to apply for Council Tax Reduction
The Council Tax Reduction scheme helps people on low income with their Council Tax bills. Please complete the following online form if you are applying for Universal Credit.
Before you start
You will need to know:
- your National Insurance number (NiNo) and that of your partner
- what benefits you already receive
- your income
- what is in your bank accounts
- how much your rent is and
- the details of anyone living in your home.
Apply for Council Tax Reduction
Don’t worry if you don’t have all the information now – you can save the form and come back to it later.
If you are student, you may be entitled to Council Tax Reduction if you are jointly liable for Council Tax with a non-student. Please visit our discounts and exemptions page for more information or call us on 020 7361 3006.