How to apply for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction
You can only apply for Housing Benefit to Kensington and Chelsea if:
- you have reached State Pension age
- you live in sheltered or supported accommodation
- you live in temporary accommodation (you have been housed by the council in temporary accommodation because you were homeless) or
- you are entitled to Severe Disability Premium
If not, you’ll need to apply for Universal Credit instead.
Before you start
You will need to know:
- your National Insurance number (NiNo) and that of your partner
- what benefits you already receive
- your income
- what is in your bank accounts
- how much your rent is and
- the details of anyone living in your home
Apply for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction
Don’t worry if you don’t have all the information now – you can save the form and come back to it later.
You can also retrieve a previously saved form.