How to apply for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction
You can only apply for Housing Benefit to Kensington and Chelsea if:
- you have reached State Pension age
- you live in sheltered or supported accommodation
- you live in temporary accommodation (you have been housed by the council in temporary accommodation because you were homeless).
If not, you’ll need to apply for Universal Credit instead.
Before you start
You will need to know:
- your National Insurance number (NiNo) and that of your partner
- what benefits you already receive
- your income
- what is in your bank accounts
- how much your rent is and
- the details of anyone living in your home
Apply for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction
Don’t worry if you don’t have all the information now – you can save the form and come back to it later.
You can also retrieve a previously saved form.