Tell us about a change

Let us know if something in your life changes that affects your benefits. Your claim might be stopped or reduced if you do not report a change of circumstances straight away.

Tell us about changes to:

  • your circumstances and your partner’s circumstances: for example, going abroad for any length of time, your name, job, the benefits you get, your income or savings
  • your address: for example, if you move within or out of Kensington and Chelsea
  • your home details: for example if you change your tenancy, or get a new landlord
  • your payments: for example who we pay benefit to, or the way the benefit is paid
  • your children: such as starting school or changing school – we need the name and address of the school or your child turning 18

If you’re not sure – tell us anyway.

If your change in circumstances is a change of address or a change in income, you should complete one of the forms below.

Change of address claim form

download a change of income form

Please use the following channels to inform us of any changes.

  1. emailing us at:
  2. writing to us at: The Benefits Section, The Town Hall, Hornton Street, W8 7NX
  3. phoning us on: 020 7361 3006. Opening times are Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5.30pm.
  4. visiting us at The Town Hall, Hornton Street, W8 7NX. Opening times are Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5pm