Business advice


Markets and street trading

How to apply for a licence to trade goods at Golborne Road and Portobello Road markets.

Apply for a food site

How to apply for a food stall Portobello Road market and Golborne Road.

Street trading pitches

How we allocate market stalls and how to apply for a permanent site.

Street trading rules

Street traders need to follow our terms and conditions which are based on the London Local Authorities Act 1990.

Non-market street trading

Information about street sites approved by the Council and our regulations about trading from vans and other vehicles.

Free printed matter distribution licence

You need a licence if you want to hand out or distribute leaflets, flyers and other free printed matter.

Street trading charter

Our charter sets out our standards and policies on street trading.

Markets and street trading FAQs

Find out about how to appy for a licence, rules and regulations, fees and charges and more.

Town centres and neighbourhood planning

How the Council supports local neighbourhoods and town centres.

Lobbying for planning changes

Information on the Council's lobbying of Communities and Local Government (CLG) for planning changes identified by the Retail Commission

Business advice

Information and support including It’s Local RBKC business listings website and RBKC Business Guide.

Evidence studies

Information on the development brief for Notting Hill Gate which is supported by a number of evidence base documents that can be downloaded.

Street trading fees

Information on fees and charges for permanent and casual traders, and how to hire stalls and covers.

Contact the Markets Manager

Markets Manager contact details

Inward investment

Information about business opportunities and where to find advice, support, details on the local economy and strategies for development.

Revitalising Kensington High Street

Revitalising Kensington High Street