The thresholds set out below apply to the requirements for the external supply of goods, services, or works.
The thresholds will be subject to review and possible revision, and may be waived by the Council in accordance with the Procurement Procedure Rules and Contract Regulations.
- less than £5,000: Written quotation not required
- £5,001 - £100,000: Minimum of three formal quotations
- £100,001 - £173,993: Minimum of four formal tenders, who meet the Council’s minimum requirements
- over £173,993 (for goods and services) or over £4,348,350 (for works): formal tending in line with regulations implementing EU legislation
For contracts valued at over £5,000, the Council requires that all quotations be of a formal written nature. Below this threshold verbal quotations are permitted.
Potential suppliers will be contacted and provided with details, or a detailed specification, of the goods or services required. The Council’s request for a quote may require the supplier to provide, details of the suppliers experiences, references, a work plan, and fees and a schedule of payment.
To find opportunities to tender for contracts with the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and other London boroughs, visit capitalEsourcing.
Construction and property maintenance sectors
Kensington and Chelsea Supply Chain is a business support project for small and medium size local businesses in construction and property maintenance sectors. The project:
- offers free business support
- helps local businesses pitch to major property developers in the borough
Read more about RBKC Supply Chain.
Last updated: 9 March 2023