A young person is employed if s/he assists in a trade or occupation which is carried out for profit whether or not the child receives pay or reward for this employment
- Children and young Persons Acts 1933, 1963, 1969 and 2008
- Education Act 1996
- Children Act 2000
- Children (Protection at Work) Regulations 1998
- Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea Bylaws 1999
- Health and Safety (Young Person's) Regulations 1997
Child Employment within Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
This section only refers to the employment of children in businesses and organisations located within the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. The Education Welfare Service issues child employment permits for children of school age to be engaged in part-time work and also child performance licences for children to take part in television, radio, film or stage productions and modelling work. There are strict regulations covering child employment and infringements may be prosecuted.
- Health, safety and welfare protection of children at work in local authority enforced sectors
LAC Number: 92/4
Procedures relating to the health and safety of children at work.