Starting primary school
When to apply for Reception Class 2023
If your child was born between 1 September 2018 and 31 August 2019 it will be time to start thinking about the primary school you would like your child to attend from September 2023.
The closing date for applications is 15 January 2023.
In order for you to be fully informed of the applications process, and how to find out more about the schools you may be interested in applying to, a handy Hints and Tips leaflet is available below. The primary school admissions brochure includes more detailed information such as the admission criteria for each school and details on how places were offered the previous year.
If you require a paper form, please contact the Admissions Team using the details at the bottom of this page.
A map of the schools with vacancies or short waiting lists is available upon request from the Admissions Team.
The Hints and tips leaflet includes:
- answers the most frequently asked questions
- general guidance and signposting to more detailed information
The Starting primary school brochure includes:
- the process of applying for schools and what happens after
- oversubscription criteria for all Kensington and Chelsea primary schools
- how places were offered in the previous year
- useful information that you may need to know before your child starts school
If you need a paper application form or further guidance, contact the Admissions Team on:
- 020 7745 6432 / 6433 (9am to 2pm Monday to Friday)
- [email protected]
Admissions and access to Education Service: privacy notice
Last updated: 6 September 2022