School open days and evenings
Kensington and Chelsea schools hold open days and evenings during September and October, though some of these will be held ‘virtually’ online. Please check the school’s website or call the schools office to check for updates.
The Kensington and Chelsea secondary leaflet and brochure was published at a time of ongoing changes in Covid-19 guidance and changes will have made for some schools.
If your child will be in Year 6 of primary school from September 2020, you will be starting the process of applying for a secondary school to start from September 2021.
The closing date for applications is 31 October 2020.
In order for you to be fully informed of the applications process, and how to find out more about the schools you may be interested in applying to, a handy Hints and tips leaflet is available. A detailed online brochure will be available from early September.
The eAdmissions website will open on 1 September for online applications and is the recommended way to apply. If you require a paper form, please contact the Admissions Team using the details at the bottom of this page.
This leaflet answers the most frequently asked questions and includes:
- all the visiting dates and open evenings for Kensington and Chelsea secondary schools
- dates for ability banding tests which some schools run
Starting Secondary School brochure
This brochure includes:
- the process of applying for schools and what happens after
- oversubscription criteria for all Kensington and Chelsea secondary schools
- how places were offered in the previous year
- useful information to assist in the transition from primary to secondary school
Further Information to assist your research
For schools that use proximity as part of their main admission criteria, distance cut-off maps are available upon request from the School Admissions Team – email@example.com.
These provide specific guidance for residents in the north and south of the borough.
If you need a paper application form or further guidance, contact the Admissions Team on:
- 020 7745 6432 / 6433 (9am to 2pm Monday to Friday)
Admissions and access to Education Service: privacy notice