Primary to secondary transfer 2020 outcomes
National offer day is 2 March 2020, and online applicants will receive their result during the evening via email. Those that applied on paper will receive their outcome in the post on 3 March 2020.
If you have been offered a school, you must accept or decline your offer by 16 March 2020.
Waiting lists and appeals
If your child was not offered their first preference school, they will be retained on the waiting list for any schools listed higher than the one they were offered. Waiting list positions for the following schools will be available from 27 March from the Admissions Team.
- Chelsea Academy
- Holland Park School
- Kensington Aldridge Academy
For other schools you are advised to contact the school directly, or the borough in which they are located, for further advice about the waiting list process.
There is a right to an independent appeal for any school that has been unable to offer a place. Please consult your formal outcome letter for more information about this process.
The eAdmissions website is open until the end of July for late applications. If you require a paper form, please contact the Admissions Team using the details at the bottom of this page.
Hints and tips leaflet
This leaflet answers the most frequently asked questions and includes:
- all the visiting dates and open evenings for Kensington and Chelsea secondary schools
- dates for ability banding tests which some schools run
Starting Secondary School brochure
This brochure includes:
- oversubscription criteria for all Kensington and Chelsea secondary schools
- how places were offered in the previous year
- last year's distance maps for the 2019 year of entry which give you an idea of the home to school distance reached for schools that refer to this as the main criteria in allocating places.
These provide specific guidance for residents in the north and south of the borough.
If you need a paper application form or further guidance, contact the Admissions Team on:
- 020 7745 6432 / 6433 (9am to 2pm Monday to Friday)
Admissions and access to Education Service: privacy notice