- Armed Forces Support Services
- Regular Forces Employment Agency (RFEA)
- Soldier On!
- Soldiers Sailors Airmens and Families Association (SSAFA)
- The Officers’ Association
- The Royal British Legion (Chelsea and Kensington Branch)
- Combat Stress
- Veterans Aid
- Guaranteed Interview Scheme for Armed Forces Veterans
Information about grant programmes that are currently open to applications.
The Royal British Legion's External Grants programme
The Royal British Legion's External Grants programme is open to applications. Applications are welcomed from organisations running, or planning, charitable activities in support of the Armed Forces community until 26 April 2019.
Find out more on the Royal British Legion website.
Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust
The Local Grants and Digital Development programme is open for applications. Grants of up to £20,000 are available for local projects that support community integration and/or local delivery of services.
Find out more on the Covenant Fund Trust website.
The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea signed the Community Covenant on 10 March 2012 to renew its commitment to servicemen and women.
A Community Covenant is a statement of mutual support between a civilian community and its local armed forces community. It is intended to complement the Armed Forces Covenant, which outlines the moral obligation between the Nation, the Government and the Armed Forces.
The covenant encourages local authorities and the armed forces community to work together in order to:
- encourage local communities to support the armed forces community in their areas and to nurture public understanding and awareness
- recognise and remember the sacrifices faced by the armed forces community
- encourage activities which help to integrate the armed forces community into local life
- encourage the armed forces community to help and support the wider community, whether through participation in events and joint projects, or other forms of engagement
The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea has a long standing and close relationship with the armed forces, having given the Freedom of the Borough to seven regiments and hosted many parades and events recognising their contributions.
The tabs include a list of active armed forces charities that offer services to veterans and their dependents living in Kensington and Chelsea.
Relevant Council services
For other Council services please call Customer Services on 020 7361 3000.