Volunteer Centre Kensington and Chelsea
If you are interested in volunteering, the Volunteer Centre Kensington and Chelsea can help you choose the right opportunity and the right charity for you.
Whatever your age, background, interests, and however much time you have to give, the Volunteer Centre can help.
Council volunteering opportunities
If you're looking for a volunteering opportunity in the Council, the Community Engagement Team would be happy to discuss a possible placement. Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us on: 020 7598 4633.
To find out what it's like to volunteer with the Community Engagement team, read one of our volunteers experiences:
Thitima's story [PDF] (278KB).
Other ways to get involved
- join a tenant and resident association
- start or support local community projects - City Living, Local Life
- FixMyStreet: a website which lets you report, view or discuss local problems
- StreetBank: offer or request skills, and get in touch with your neighbours
- Casserole Club: share home cooked food with people nearby who aren't able to cook for themselves
- Do-it: search through one million opportunities to volunteer, and apply online
- Ivo: get involved, network, or find voluntary support for your organisation
- Localgiving: an organisation providing funding and advocacy to community groups and charities
- Big Local: is an opportunity for residents in 150 areas around England to improve their communities, by bringing together local talent, ambitions, skills and energy from individuals, groups and organisations who want to make their area a better place to live
- for help and how-tos, tips and ideas in your community, visit the City Living, Local Life pages