- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- COVID-19 Hub
- COVID-19: Help with shopping and food
- COVID-19: Support for businesses and the self-employed
- COVID-19: Guidance for operating your business
- COVID-19: Volunteering and how you can help the community
- COVID-19: Domestic abuse support
- COVID-19: Benefits service
- COVID-19: Bins and recycling
- COVID-19: Births, deaths and registrar services
- COVID-19: Children, education and returning to school
- COVID-19: Council and Committee Meetings
- COVID-19: Grenfell Response and Recovery
- COVID-19: Health and Social Care
- COVID-19: Housing and homelessness
- COVID-19: Leisure and culture
- COVID-19: Testing and Tracing for Coronavirus
- COVID-19: Libraries
- COVID-19: Noise and Nuisance and the local environment
- COVID-19: Parking, permits and streets
- COVID-19: Paying your Council Tax
- COVID-19: Community centres
- COVID-19: Faith group updates
- COVID-19: Planning and Building Control
- COVID-19: Related scams
- Covid-19: Hub Privacy Notice
Parking for critical workers
During spring our key worker parking scheme gave free parking to more than 5,000 key workers. This reduced to 1,792 active users by December as public transport capacity increased. This scheme is managed via our PayByPhone system.
We have extended free parking for school staff until April. Approved key workers will be able to park their vehicles via the PayByPhone system in our on-street pay-by-phone visitor bays and our resident permit holder parking bays.
Key workers who are registered to use the scheme via the PayByPhone system do not need to take any action. However, it is important to note that each time you arrive at an on-street parking location, please use the location code reference that you have been issued with to make sure you are not issued with a Penalty Charge Notice.
Other key workers who wish to join the free parking concession scheme for the duration of the new national lockdown period should email Parking.COVID19@rbkc.gov.uk for application details.
Parking permit renewals
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we offered an extended grace period for resident permit renewals. With more people now returning to work we must carry out enforcement again to keep our roads safe and passable, and so that residents continue to have the space they need to park. If your permit is due for renewal or has expired during the lockdown period, please renew it online to avoid a penalty.
Contact our customer service centre for further assistance:
- Phone: 0207 361 4381
For all general resident parking enquires email:
Free cycle training
All practical cycle maintenance courses and sessions at Maxilla Walk are postponed and all one to one cycle skills training is currently suspended. We hope to resume as soon as possible. You can still use the booking form to request training, and will be added to a waiting list for when the service resumes. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the latest information.