- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Residents booklet: Helping you through the COVID-19 Pandemic
- COVID-19 Hub and support for vulnerable residents
- Support with food and other essentials
- COVID-19: Support for businesses and the self-employed
- COVID-19: Volunteering and how you can help the community
- COVID-19: Domestic abuse support
- COVID-19: Benefits service
- COVID-19: Bins and recycling
- COVID-19: Births, deaths and registrar services
- COVID-19: Children, Education and School closures
- COVID-19: Council and Committee Meetings
- COVID-19: Grenfell Response and Recovery
- COVID-19: Health and Social Care
- COVID-19: Housing and homelessness
- COVID-19: Leisure and culture
- COVID-19: Libraries
- COVID-19: Noise and Nuisance and the local environment
- COVID-19: Parking, permits and streets
- COVID-19: Paying your Council Tax
- COVID-19: Community updates enewsletter
- COVID-19: Faith group updates
- COVID-19: Planning and Building Control
- COVID-19 related scams
- Covid-19 Hub Privacy Notice
Help and support with paying your Council tax and what to do if your circumstances have changed.
Council Tax bills for 2020/21 were sent out a few weeks ago. We know that since then, the impact of COVID-19 on households in the borough has been difficult and will be significant over the next few months. Financially, for some this is a worrying time. We want to help you.
The Government has identified funding for councils to help support individuals in paying their Council Tax. We already have an established Council Tax Reduction Scheme, which provides support to households and is one of the most generous in the country. In line with the new Government guidance, we will also be reducing bills by up to £150 for all working age households that receive some help through the Council Tax support scheme but still currently pay something towards their council tax.
You do not need to do anything. The Council will be issuing new Council Tax bills as quickly as possible.
If you do not currently receive support with paying your council tax and, as a result of COVID-19, your financial circumstances have changed and you think you will find it difficult to pay your Council Tax over the next few months, full details on how to apply for support can be found on the Council Tax reduction webpage.