- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Residents booklet: Helping you through the COVID-19 Pandemic
- COVID-19 Hub and support for vulnerable residents
- COVID-19: Support with food and other essentials
- COVID-19: Support for businesses and the self-employed
- COVID-19: Guidance for reopening your business
- COVID-19: Volunteering and how you can help the community
- COVID-19: Domestic abuse support
- COVID-19: Benefits service
- COVID-19: Bins and recycling
- COVID-19: Births, deaths and registrar services
- COVID-19: Children, Education and School closures
- COVID-19: Council and Committee Meetings
- COVID-19: Grenfell Response and Recovery
- COVID-19: Health and Social Care
- COVID-19: Housing and homelessness
- COVID-19: Leisure and culture
- COVID-19: Testing and Tracing for Coronavirus
- COVID-19: Libraries
- COVID-19: Noise and Nuisance and the local environment
- COVID-19: Parking, permits and streets
- COVID-19: Paying your Council Tax
- COVID-19: Community updates enewsletter
- COVID-19: Reopening of community centres
- COVID-19: Faith group updates
- COVID-19: Planning and Building Control
- COVID-19: Related scams
- Covid-19: Hub Privacy Notice
Information on support with food and other essentials.
I am a clinically vulnerable resident who is shielding and need support to access food and medical supplies
- You should have received a letter from the NHS requesting that you stay home and shield yourself for 12 weeks.
- If you are in this group and need support with food and/or other essentials, please register on the GOV.UK website. The Government is delivering food directly to people in this group and is working with supermarkets to ensure access to priority delivery slots.
- In the meantime, our Covid-19 Hub is here to help you if you need support to access food or medicine. Read more about the support available for vulnerable residents. You can contact the Covid-19 Hub on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7361 4326 (Monday to Sunday 9am to 5pm).
- If you believe that you are clinically vulnerable but have not received a letter from the NHS, please contact your GP.
Free food delivery service for vulnerable and isolated residents
If you fall into one of the following categories you may be entitled to a free shopping delivery service. This list is not exhaustive so please do enquire if you think you might be eligible:
- Residents who are self-isolating and are able to purchase their supplies
- Older residents without support networks
- People known to adult social care, mental health services, children’s services, drug and alcohol outreach service or housing;
- Residents who have been referred by the voluntary sector or the Covid-19 Hub
- Residents with underlying health conditions that make them vulnerable
- Residents suffering domestic abuse, mental health issues and those who have a history of homelessness
The service is provided by Kensington and Chelsea Council, Kensington and Chelsea Social Council (KCSC), Age UK Kensington and Chelsea and voluntary sector organisations.
This service will help residents of any age who are able to buy their own food but are unable to leave the house because they may be self-isolating for 14 days, may be vulnerable or have an underlying medical condition and no support network. It has been particularly set up to support those who do not have access to the internet and therefore cannot buy or pay for shopping this way.
To access the service residents should call Kensington and Chelsea Council on 020 7361 4025 and if you meet the criteria, a local organisation will contact you to arrange a shopping list as well as method of repayment. A DBS checked volunteer will do your shopping and drop it off to your doorstep.
This shopping service is only for food and basic supplies and applies to residents who are not on the NHS Shielded list but would be defined as vulnerable and meet the criteria.
I am self-isolating and unable to shop for food or collect medical supplies, but I am not clinically vulnerable and can afford to buy food
- If you have friends or family who can help, you should ask them to shop for you or collect your prescription.
- If this is not possible, you can contact the Covid-19 Hub on email@example.com or call 020 7361 4326 (Monday to Sunday 9am to 5pm) and they can refer or signpost you to a range of community and voluntary organisations who can help you. Read more about support for vulnerable residents.
I am under 65
- If you are under 65 and need support accessing food and essential supplies you can access the Under 65 Food Distribution Service. This service is provided by the Council in partnership with Kensington and Chelsea Social Council and the Venture Centre. If your referral meets the criteria, an emergency support parcel of essential dry foods, toiletries and cleaning products aimed to help residents on a one-off basis, will be distributed as soon as possible. The criteria allows residents in financial hardship, self-isolation without family friends or local support, or people with additional needs such as mental health and other social needs, to access food support.
- You can access this scheme by completing the Under 65 Food Distribution Service referral form.
- Should ongoing support be needed, residents are asked to submit the self-referral form again to request additional supplies.
- Alternatively, you can contact the Covid-19 Hub on 020 7361 4326 (Monday to Sunday 9am to 5pm) and they can help.
- For general queries and enquiries about the service, please call Kensington and Chelsea Social Council on 020 7243 9800 (Monday to Friday 9.30am to 5pm or the Venture Centre on 020 8960 3234 (Monday to Friday 9.30am to 4.30pm)
- If your referral doesn’t meet the criteria, there are a range of local food banks and other organisations who can provide support remotely. Their details are available on the Kensington and Chelsea Social Council (KCSC) website.
I am aged 65 or over
As lockdown eases and advice from central Government and Public Health England has changed to allow residents to leave their homes and increase social contact, emergency response services offered from March are changing.
The weekly Care Packs of food and basic supplies for those aged over 65 offered by Age UK Kensington and Chelsea in partnership with Al Manaar, the Council and many others will no longer be accepting new referrals from Friday 19 June.
The Care Packs will continue to be available to residents who are already receiving them and continue to meet the eligibility requirements.
This service is being reviewed and will be closing but we will update you when the end date is confirmed.
You can get more information from Age UK Kensington & Chelsea by calling 020 8969 9105. Alternatively, you can contact the Covid-19 Hub on 020 7361 4326 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)
I am suffering from financial hardship and unable to afford to buy food
- If your household income has been affected by the Coronavirus pandemic and you need financial support the Government has introduced a range of measures that may be able to help. You can also apply for Universal Credit on the GOV.UK website.
- You may also be entitled to support through the Council’s Hardship Fund. The Council has boosted this fund by £500,000, on top of funding from central government. You can apply by calling 020 7745 6464 (Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm). We can also signpost you to local food banks if you are in urgent food need. Their details are on the Kensington and Chelsea Social Council (KCSC) website.
Food delivery and collection
Shopping for food is one of the few essential reasons we should be leaving our homes during the Coronavirus pandemic lockdown, but some residents aren’t always able to make the trip to the shop to get what they need. The Council is compiling a list of local food businesses offering collection or delivery, which can provide a more convenient or safer option to access food.
If you own a food business offering collection or takeaway in Kensington and Chelsea and would like to be included in this list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can get your details added.
If you have queries about operating as a temporary takeaway you should contact email@example.com.
Food Delivery North of the borough
- Arancina Pizzeria (delivery and collection via Slerp or Deliveroo): 19 Pembridge Road, Notting Hill, London W11 3HG
- Babajani - Mediterranean food (collection; tel: 07736 283 914): 332A Portobello Road, London W10 5RU
- Big Fernand - burgers (delivery via Deliveroo): 39 Thurloe Place, South Kensington, London SW7 2HP
- Cocotte Rotisserie - French restaurant/ rotisserie chicken (delivery via Deliveroo; click and collect via Swift - 50% off for NHS staff): 95 Westbourne Grove, Bayswater, London W2 4UW
- Eggslut - egg-focused American breakfast food (delivery and collection via Deliveroo): 185 Portobello Road, Notting Hill, London W11 2ED)
- Enrica Rocco - Italian restaurant offering cooked meals, desserts and pasta sauces (delivery via phone and email): 227 Ladbroke Grove, Notting Hill W10 6HG
- Golborne Deli - breakfast and sandwiches (collection via website; 50% off for NHS staff; free lunch for the elderly and vulnerable, including delivery): 100 Golborne Road, London W10 5PS)
Hello Groceries (delivery to doorstep through hellogroceries.co.uk) Offering fresh fruit and vegetables, and groceries such as meat packs, milk, eggs, bread, butter, yogurt, online service only.
- Melabes - Israeli restaurant (delivery via Deliveroo): 221 Kensington High Street, London W8 6SG
- Orasay - seafood restaurant (delivery (5 mile radius) and collection via Slerp): 31 Kensington Park Road, Notting Hill, London W11 2EU
- Provenance Butcher - free-range meats (delivery within 48 hours via phone or email; Tues-Sat 10am to 4pm £25 minimum order - free delivery over £25): 33 Kensington Park Road, Notting Hill, London W11 2EU
- Yashin Sushi (delivery via Deliveroo; collection via phone): 1A Argyll Road, Kensington, London W8 7DB
Food Delivery North - Portobello and Golborne Road Market
- Ali - specialist groceries, staples and pantry items (collection on Fridays and Saturdays only via tel: 07941 103 764)
- Devlins - fruit and veg (delivery free to the area via email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Hardwoods - fruit and veg (delivery and collection via tel: 07956 665552; call by Tuesday for Thursday, Friday or Saturday)
- Meraj - fruit and veg (collection via tel: 07534 914 625)
- Portobello Olive Bar - olives and antipasti (delivery via tel: 07956 641 402 or email: email@example.com - order by 8pm Thursday for Friday delivery in W8, W9, W10 and W11)
Saporitalia / Portobello Garden Café, Italian food and beverages, open daily 10am to 10pm, (collection via Deliveroo or contact 020 7243 3257). 271 Portobello Road, London, W11 1LR
- Suolo Etico - seasonal organic produce (delivery and collection via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or website: www.suoloetico.co.uk)
- Tom the Mushroom Man - fruit and veg (collection via Text 07956 143 457)
- Une Normande a Londres - cheese (collection on Fridays and Saturdays only via email: email@example.com or website: www.unenormandealondres.co.uk)
Food Delivery South of the borough
- Colette - healthy prepared meals and essentials (next day delivery to SW7 and SW10 via website: 315 Fulham Road, Chelsea, London SW10 9QH
- Ice Cream Union - ice cream (delivery, next day and collection via Deliveroo or email): 166 Pavilion Road, Chelsea, London SW1X 0BP
- London Cheesemongers - cheese, eggs, milk, baguettes and wine, Covid Care packages (delivery and collection via phone or email; Mon-Sat free local deliveries 3-5pm within a 3-mile radius; order before 2pm for same-day delivery): 251 Pavilion Road, Chelsea, London SW1X 0BP
- Provenance Butcher - free-range meats (delivery via phone or email within 48 hours Tues-Sat 10am-4pm, £25 minimum order; free delivery over £50): 247 Pavilion Road, Chelsea, London SW1X 0PB
- Riccardo's Italian Restaurant - Italian meals, essentials and wine (delivery and collection via website): 126 Fulham Road, London SW3 6HU
- The Sea, The Sea - fish, shellfish and wine (delivery and collection to Chelsea and Kensington via phone or Slerp; 75% off for NHS staff): 174 Pavilion Road, London SW1X 0AW
- Yashin Ocean House - sushi (delivery via Deliveroo; collection via phone): 117-119 Old Brompton Road, South Kensington, London SW7 3RN