Full Council meetings opened for public participation
Have your say
This is your Council. To make our community the best place it can be, we need to hear from you. Please consider coming to a Full Council meeting to share your thoughts, ideas and experiences.
We are looking to the future, and we are putting residents first.
Timings and registration
We want to make sure people have ample time to speak and receive answers to their questions. As such, three public speaking slots are reserved at the beginning of each regular Full Council meeting for people who live, work or go to school in the borough, to address the Council. Up to 30 minutes will be reserved for the public speaking item of the meeting, this includes the time used by the Council to answer questions.
- The meeting will be held at Kensington Town Hall in the Council Chamber.
Register to speak at the Full Council Meeting
Before you register please note that:
- The speaking slots will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All registered speakers will need to confirm their attendance via the reminder email received 48 hours before the meeting. Individuals who do not confirm will forfeit their speaking slot.
- The speaker on the evening needs to be the same as the named person on the registration form. You will not be able to reserve/give your slot to another individual.
- If a speaker fails to attend on the evening, the space will not be reallocated.
- If you need to cancel your ticket, please follow the instructions on Eventbrite on how to do this.
You will receive an automatic confirmation from Eventbrite when you have successfully submitted your online registration form.
Please note that you have 10 minutes to complete your registration in order for your ticket to be processed.
The registration form to book a public speaking slot for the 22 April will be shown below when available.
To help make speakers as comfortable as possible with the process, a facilitator from The Democratic Society will be available to provide support before and after the meeting.
After the meeting
The Council is committed to providing people who choose to speak during the meeting a written response to their question within 10 working days. This response will be emailed to you.
To read information related to questions received from residents during previous Full Council Meetings please visit the Full Council Meeting Responses web page.
We value what you have to say about the process for speaking at Full Council meetings. Let us know what works and what we can do to improve. Please email your feedback to email@example.com
All Full Council meetings are filmed and broadcast live on our Council Meeting Webcasts page. We strive to have full recordings posted within 48 hours of the meeting date.
If you have any queries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7361 2477.
More ways to engage
Visit the Change at the Council webpage to learn more about how you can be involved in decision-making. The page outlines information about the Listening Forum, Borough-wide conversations, Governance review and Citizen's panel.
You can also: