Full Council meetings opened for public participation
Have your say
This is your Council. To make our community the best place it can be, we need to hear from you. Please consider attending a Full Council meeting to share your thoughts, ideas and experiences.
We are looking to the future, and we are putting residents first.
Temporary changes to the Full Council Meeting
Due to COVID-19, the next Full Council Meeting on Wednesday 21 October will be held virtually and viewable online. The registration process is still open to residents, who live, work or go to school in the borough, to submit their questions. As we will be hosting a virtual meeting, questions will need to be submitted in advance of the meeting via the registration form and your question will be displayed on the screen at the meeting and read out on your behalf. Details on how to watch the Full Council Meeting can be found on this page.
Time will be set aside at the beginning of the Full Council meeting for eight questions to be asked and answered on the night.
Register to speak at the online Full Council Meeting
Before you register please note that:
- The next Full Council meeting is will be held virtually and can be viewed online.
- Registration to ask a question will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- You must submit your question during the registration. Please note this should be a max of 120 words.
- All those who register successfully will have have it displayed on screen and also have it verbally read on the night.
- The question needs to come from the same named person as on the registration form. You will not be able to reserve/give your question to another individual.
- If you need to cancel your question, please follow the instructions on Eventbrite on how to do this.
- You will receive an automatic confirmation from Eventbrite when you have successfully submitted your online registration form.
Please note that you have 15 minutes to complete your registration for your ticket to be processed.
How to watch the meeting?
All Full Council meetings are filmed and broadcast live on our Council Meeting Webcasts page.
We aim to have full recordings published within 48 hours of the meeting date.
After the meeting
The Council is committed to providing people who ask a question during the meeting a written response within 10 working days. This response will be emailed to you.
To read information related to questions received from residents during previous Full Council Meetings please visit the Full Council Meeting Responses web page.
Further information and feedback
We value what you have to say about the process for speaking at Full Council meetings. Let us know what works and what we can do to improve. Please email your feedback to email@example.com
More ways to engage
Visit the Change at the Council webpage to learn more about how you can be involved in decision-making. The page outlines information about the Listening Forum, Borough-wide conversations, Governance review and Citizen's panel.
You can also: