Speak at a Full Council Meeting
Please note that during the COVID-19 pandemic all Council and committee meetings are being held virtually. The next Full Council Meeting will be held on Wednesday 23 June and will be livestreamed via the Council’s YouTube channel.
Full Council meetings opened for public participation – have your say!
This is your Council. To make sure Councillors are in touch with what matters to local people, we need to hear from you. You may want to consider speaking at a virtual Full Council meeting to share your thoughts, ideas, and experiences or to ask a question.
Ordinary Council Meetings start at 6.30pm and at the start of each meeting up to 60 minutes will be set aside for up to 8 questions to be asked and answered on the night.
Here’s what to do if you’d like to speak at a virtual Full Council meeting
The registration process to participate live or submit a question for the 23 June meeting will open on 9 June via Eventbrite for those that live, work or go to school in the Borough. You will need to register in advance and, as this will be a virtual meeting you will have the option of either:
(A) your question or point read on your behalf by the Mayor, before being addressed by Councillors; or
(B) attending the virtual meeting yourself remotely (via Microsoft Teams) to read out your question or the point you wish to raise.
Before you register please note that:
- The Council meeting will be held virtually and can be viewed online, so anyone will be able to hear your name and watch the livestream.
- Registration either to speak or to have your question read out will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis and no more than eight valid registrations will be accepted. It will not be possible to register to speak once the registration period has closed, even if fewer than eight valid registrations have been received.
- All those who register successfully will need to choose between options (A) and (B) above. Please select the option you want at the time of registration and include your question or the point you wish to make in no more than 120 words.
- The question or representation needs to come from the named person on the registration form. You cannot reserve/give your question to another individual.
- There will be no opportunity, should you choose to address the meeting in person, to ask a supplementary question, and we’ll expect you to leave the meeting once the public speaking session has ended – though you’re welcome to watch the rest of the meeting online.
- A member from the team will be in touch to help assist you to participate virtually via Microsoft Teams to let you read out your question or the point you wish to raise.
- If you need to cancel your question, please follow the instructions on Eventbrite telling you how to do this.
- You will receive an automatic email confirmation from Eventbrite when you have successfully submitted your online registration.
- Please note that you have 15 minutes to complete your registration for your ticket to be processed.
How to watch the meeting?
All Full Council meetings are filmed and broadcast live on YouTube which can be viewed on our Council Meeting Webcasts page.
After the meeting
The Council will upload a summary of all questions and answers along with the Council Meeting agenda papers as soon as possible after the meeting.
To read information related to questions received from residents during previous Full Council Meetings please visit the Council Meeting Webcasts page.
Further information and feedback
We value what you have to say about the process for speaking at Full Council meetings, and we encourage you to let us know what is working well and what we can do to improve. Please email your feedback to email@example.com