Family Services Select Committee
The Family Services Select Committee examines topics related to social services provision for children and families; education, training and youth services and support; early years, childcare and play services; sports education; libraries and other related topics.
The topics for review prioritised by the Overview and Scrutiny Committee for this Select Committee for the municipal year 2019-2020 are:
- the Grenfell Recovery Strategy (including nursery provision and counselling services)
- youth crime and community safety (including knife crime)
- school exclusions
- looked after children, safeguarding, and fostering and adoption Annual Report
- Early Years childcare provision
- review of the Youth Service
- libraries, hubs and volunteers
This Select Committee will decide how and when to review these topics in its first meeting on 17 October 2019. Meeting papers and agendas are available on the Committees pages.
The Select Committee will undertake detailed reviews of these topics throughout the municipal year. It will carry out these reviews in a variety of ways, including setting up working groups to gather evidence in the community to hear from local people and other experts.