Part time students
Unlike full-time students, part-time students have to pay Council Tax.
- One part-time student sharing with one full-time student: there is a 25 per cent discount in respect of the full-time student. The part-time student is responsible for the rest of the bill.
To apply online for a student discount or exemption, all you need to do is link your Council Tax account to your MyRBKC account. You will only need to do this once. Each student will have to create a MyRBKC account and upload a valid copy of their student certificate.
Note: You need to make sure that you register for Council Tax.
- If you would like to register now visit Register for a MyRBKC account and follow the on-screen instructions.
- If you have already registered you can Sign in to MyRBKC account.
- If two or more part-time students share with full-time students (it doesn't matter how many full-time students): there is no discount. The part-time students are responsible for the whole bill.
- One part-time student living with one non-student: there is no discount. Both are responsible for the bill.
Whether a part-time student is responsible for 75% or 100% of the bill, they may be able to get Council Tax Reduction to help pay it. It depends on their circumstances.
Last updated: 1 June 2020