Privacy Notice for Contact Centre Customers

Information about the Council’s Privacy Notice for Contact Centre customers

What are the purposes of processing your personal information and what is the legal basis?

We collect and use your personal information to provide services or fulfil legal obligations.  We will always explain how this information will be used and why. Where it is appropriate for us to seek your consent to process your information we will always do so.

What type of information is collected?

The Council will collect certain information where appropriate.

This information collected may include:

  • name
  • home address and mailing or forwarding addresses if different
  • telephone number
  • email address
  • additional verification details and enough information about your enquiry to be able to help you quickly and effectively, where necessary

Sometimes we may ask for more sensitive personal details about you such as race or ethnic origin, age and sex (known as Special Categories of Personal Data) but only when needed in connection with the service we are providing or for equalities monitoring purposes.

Who processes the information?

The Council’s Customer Access Department is responsible for processing the information outlined in this notice. All personal data held is processed in accordance with data protection laws.

The Council uses a number of third party systems to undertake the function of being the council’s data processor for different services. Below is a list of systems and the services, in brackets, they process information on behalf of:

  • SIDEM (parking permits only, not PCNs)
  • RAAD (pre-screening of Social Service referrals)
  • H2H Sharepoint site (housing referrals)
  • Cammax (payment machines in the Customer Service Centre)
  • Abavus (concessionary travel applications)
  • Orchestra (CSC queue management system)
  • OneStep (enforcement agent system)
  • 59R (email workflow system for streetline team)
  • Stopford (Registrars) including booking appointments for British Citizenship applications, arranging for appointments and ceremonies, applying for certificates, etc (all data is processed within the system and not retained locally)
  • Web Reg (electoral registrations) basic queries relating to electoral registrations
  • Accolaid (Planning and environmental health) raising requests from you onto the system, logging complaints about noise and nuisance to taking payments for services on their behalf (all data is processed within the system and not retained locally)
  • RockTime (Too big for the bin) relating to waste items that are too big for normal bins and process requests (and payments where necessary) to arrange collection of the items
  • Mayrise (Waste Management) raise work orders or complaints onto their system
  • Confirm (Highways) Highways service to raise work order or complaints onto their system
  • Workflows (Libraries) calls relating to the availability of books in our libraries (Libraries search for the books and advise customers accordingly)
  • Net Loans (computer bookings for libraries) calls relating to the availability of computers in our libraries (Libraries search for the availability and advise customers accordingly)
  • Access Database (food training bookings) customer calls wishing to book the food training service (Food Training process these requests on behalf of that team)
  • Blue Badge Information Service (BBIS/Northgate) (recording and ordering of Blue Badges)
  • Taxicard CMS (recording and ordering of Taxicards through the ESP system)
  • Freedom Pass CMS (recording and ordering of Freedom Passes through the ESP system)
  • Tramzacct (case management system for recording Accessible Transports travel concessions)
  • Civica (billing and collection of council tax)
  • Web moto (processing customer payments)

How is the information used?

We will use it (where applicable) to:

  • provide you with services
  • we may ask for your feedback on the service you have received at the end of your contact with us so we can monitor our performance, improve quality and plan for future services

Who may we share your information with?

We may share information with other council departments and agencies for the detection, prevention and prosecution of fraud and criminal activity. Examples of such are our fraud team or external agencies include the Police and HM Revenues and Customs.

We may also share information with other council departments and organisations where necessary for:

  • performing our statutory duties, for example, referring customers to adult social care (where vulnerable) internally or externally to Magistrates Courts and enforcement agents
  • making any disclosure
  • as required by law
  • assisting bodies responsible for: auditing or administering public funds, maintaining public safety, mitigating risk of harm and assisting in emergencies

How long do we keep your records?

We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary. The information outlined in this privacy notice will be kept for the period required by the council for legal and audit purposes. All information will be held securely and destroyed under confidential conditions.

Your rights

The General Date Protection Rules (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018 allows you to find out what information is held about you, on paper and computer records. This is known as ‘right of subject access’ and applies to your council Tax records along with all other personal records. Details of how to obtain a copy of your records can be found on the Subject Access Requests page.

You are entitled to receive a copy of your records free of charge, within 30 calendar days. In certain circumstances, access to your records may be limited, for example, if the records you have asked for contain information relating to another person.

The GDPR and Data Protection act 2018 allows you other rights. For full details please read the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea fair processing notice.

If you are  dissatisfied with how the Council has used your personal information you should in the first instance write to the council’s Data Protection Officer at [email protected]. Should you continue to be dissatisfied with the council’s response you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at [email protected].

Changes in your circumstances

You must notify us immediately if there are any changes in your circumstances and personal details so we can maintain an accurate and up to date record of your information in order to continue to provide services and/or fulfil legal obligations.

Contact details of data controller

Name: Head of Customer Operations, Enforcement and Recovery

Address: Customer Access, 3rd Floor, Town Hall, Hornton Street, London, W8 7NX

Last updated: 29 November 2019