Prince Philip - Duke of Edinburgh

1921 - 2021

It is with deep sadness that the Council and residents have learned of the death of His Royal Highness, the Duke of Edinburgh.

The death of His Royal Highness, the Duke of Edinburgh.

Resolve a problem with noise or nuisance

There are steps you can take to stop noise or nuisance. The Council can take action if you need us to.

How you can help to resolve a problem

It is often better to try resolve a problem personally if possible. The introduction of a third party such as the Council or a landlord can sometimes make a situation worse. Collecting evidence will be helpful if you need to report the problem to the Noise and Nuisance Team or take a case to court. For more information see 'how you can help to resolve a problem'.

Refer a complaint to the Noise and Nuisance Team

If you have been unable to resolve a problem yourself and the problem persists, the Noise and Nuisance Team may be able to help you. Environmental Health Officers are are trained to decide if a disturbance is a statutory nuisance and are authorised to take legal action to stop statutory nuisance from both domestic homes and commercial businesses. We also deal with other nuisances such as smells, dust, and a range of other environmental health problems that occur outside office hours.


Take legal action yourself

If you have been disturbed by noise and have been unable to resolve the problem, either informally or through the Noise and Nuisance Team, then you may want to take further action. For more information see 'taking legal action yourself'.