Contact the Noise and Nuisance Team

Contact us

Report a noise

Telephone us on: 020 7361 3002 or you can email us at:

How we respond

If the problem is happening at the time of your call an officer will aim to visit you within 60 minutes of your initial call. This is subject to the officers being on duty. Officers will only be able to visit (dependent on demand) at the following times:

  • Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday: 7.30am to 3am
  • Thursday and Friday: 7.30am to 5am
  • Saturday and Sunday: 9am to 5am      

If the problem is not happening at the time of your call the Noise and Nuisance Officer will contact you on the next working day to take details about the problem so we can decide how to deal with it. You may be asked to record details of when you are disturbed by the noise or nuisance in a diary booklet.  

What happens next

We will review the information to decide whether we have enough evidence to take legal action, such as the service of an abatement notice. We will consult you throughout the process at key stages.

Many problems are resolved in a matter of hours but some take considerably longer. If your problem is complex or difficult to resolve there will be an interim case review to ensure sufficient progress is being made, within two months of your initial complaint. A full case review will be held after three months to determine what action can be taken or whether there is nothing further that can be done.

For information on our enforcement policy, download the Directorate of Environmental Health Enforcement Policy and the Noise and Nuisance Service Customer Information Leaflet.


Our policy is to keep the personal information that we have about you such as your name and address, confidential.

If you would like us to take legal action to resolve a noise nuisance it may be necessary to disclose your personal details. For example, if we serve a Noise Abatement Notice the person causing the noise nuisance will have a right to know who made the complaint if they decide to legally appeal against the noise abatement notice in court. Similarly, if a case goes to the Court you may be required to give evidence.

Find out more About the Noise and Nuisance Service.