Disruption to services

If you, or someone in your household is vulnerable, you can apply for priority service in the case of disruption to services.

Electricity or power cuts

If a power cut would cause you particular problems, you can register on the UK Power Networks Priority Services Register. It is open to anyone who is dependant on medical equipment, chronically sick, disabled, or believes that they have a special case.

Contact the UK Power Networks Priority Services by telephone on: 0800 1699970, or text phone: 0800 0962929, or by post at the following address:

Priority Services Co-ordinator
UK Power Networks
Fore Hamlet
Ipswich IP3 8AA

Find out more on the UK Power Networks website.

British Gas Priority Services Register

If you are of pensionable age, disabled or chronically sick, or on means tested benefits with children under 5 years old, you may be eligible for the Priority Services Register. 

For more information visit the British Gas website.

Thames Water Extra Care Service

If you have a medical need (such as having a dialysis machine at home) or mobility problems (such as having problems getting to a stand-pipe or replacement water-tanker in the street), you may be able to register for the Extra Care Service from Thames Water.

You can register by telephone on: 0845 9200 800, or by text-phone: 0845 7200 899, or write to the following address:

Thames Water
PO Box 286
Swindon SN38 2RA

To find out more visit the Thames Water website.

Last updated: 29 November 2019