Situated in the woodlands of Holland Park, the Ecology Centre is easily accessible by public transport, it’s location within Holland Park makes it an attractive venue for hire, whether your looking for meeting or training space or somewhere for a private function, the centre has something different to offer.
The venue consists of a large open classroom space which can accommodate up to 30 people seated or 40 people standing. The classroom has an interactive whiteboard and WIFI making it perfect for workshops, training sessions and meetings.
Hirers will have exclusive access to the whole centre which includes its garden, a kitchen and a reception area which can serve as a break-out space. The park itself can be enjoyed during breaks and lunchtime.
The centre is all on one level and fully accessible to wheelchair users including an accessible toilet.
The centre is suitable for both large and small events or functions. You are welcome to bring in your own caterers or use our kitchen facilities. We can provide tea and coffee which is chargeable.
The centre can be hired on weekdays and at weekends for birthday parties or private hire. Please contact the centre to discuss availability and your requirements.
- tables and chairs
- interactive whiteboard
- other equipment available (including flipchart stands, pads and pens)
- toilets (including accessible toilet)
- fridge and tea and coffee-making equipment
- outdoor enclosed garden
Fees and charges
These charges have been set and agreed by the Cabinet member for Environment and Communities in March 2020.
|weekday up to 5pm (per hour; minimum 2 hours)||£38|
|weekend and after 5pm on weekdays (per hour; minimum 2 hours)||£58|
|corporate hire (per hour)||£78|
|audio visual equipment per session (SMART board, projector, etc)||£55|
|flip chart stand, pads and pens per set, per booking||£15|
Please note that full payment is required in advance to secure your booking. Once the payment has been received, you will receive a confirmation email for your booking. In the event of a cancellation by the hirer, the council will refund 75% of the booking fee, provided that notice of cancellation is given two working days prior to the booking.
Make a booking or enquiry
If you would like to make a booking or if you have a general enquiry, please contact us:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 020 7938 8186
Terms and conditions of Ecology Centre hire
Holland Park Ecology Centre - Conditions of Hiring
1. All applications for hire of the Ecology Centre must be made on the appropriate booking form, signed and returned to the Ecology Service.
2. Booking forms must be returned with a cheque or card payment for the full hire fee, except for bookings by an organisation or company which are to be invoiced by prior arrangement. The booking is confirmed once payment has been received.
3. The hirer may under no circumstances sub-hire the centre to a third party.
4. The Council reserves the right to refuse any application for hire or to cancel or terminate any hiring if there is any omission from, or misstatement in the application form, or if the premises are being used for any purpose for which they have not been approved.
5. In the event of a cancellation by the hirer, the Council will refund 75% of the booking fee, provided that notice of cancellation is given two working days prior to the booking.
6. The Council reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel any hiring if any circumstances arise which render it necessary. In such cases the council will refund to the hirer any charges paid. In such circumstances the Council shall not in any way be liable to the hirer for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage including, any loss of business, profits revenue, savings or goodwill in each case whether arising from negligence, breach of these hiring conditions or otherwise.
7. A nominated representative of the hirer shall be present throughout the hiring.
8. For health and safety reasons the numbers attending functions at the Ecology Centre are limited to:
- 40 persons standing for a buffet or similar function
- 30 persons seated (in rows) for a meeting or similar
- 25 persons seated at tables
9. The hirer may have access to the Ecology Centre only for the times specified on the booking form.
10. The hirer must make every effort to ensure that disturbance to other park users is kept to a minimum.
11. Nothing shall be done in the premises that is in contravention of the law.
12. The hirer promises to leave the Ecology Centre in the condition in which it was found. The hirer shall make no fixtures or fittings to any part of the Ecology Centre.
13. The Council reserves the right of entry to the Ecology Centre at all times by the Head of Leisure and his authorised representatives.
14. The Council reserves the right at all times to refuse any person the right of admission to the premises.
15. The Hirer shall comply with any instructions or conditions which the Head of Leisure, or officers of the Council acting on his behalf, may find necessary to impose in the public interest.
Further information about: