Accessibility statement for Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
This accessibility statement applies to www.rbkc.gov.uk.
This website is run by Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website.
For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- live video streams do not have captions
- some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
We’re currently updating our technical accessibility statement which will provide more information on these issues and what we're doing to improve the accessibility of this website. This will be available shortly.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email email@example.com
- call 020 7361 3000
- We’ll consider your request and aim to get back to you within two (2) working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please email the Web Services Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the accessibility regulations. If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea enable British Sign Language users to contact us using a Sign Language interpreter, through the InterpretersLive Service, provided by Sign Solutions.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
How we tested this service
We use Siteimprove automated testing tools to help us monitor and fix usability and accessibility issues as they occur. The web team also manually review and update the site to maintain any parts that automated testing cannot cover.
We are conducting an audit of this website and will update this accessibility statement when we receive the result of the audit.
The sample of pages reviewed in the audit was selected using the following criteria:
- pages common to many websites - for example, homepage and service landing pages
- pages with variations in layout and functionality
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We're working with the supplier, Big Blue Door, to fix the known accessibility issues and to make the system more usable for all users.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 22 September 2020. It was last reviewed on 22 September 2020.