Grenfell Complaints

Grenfell complaints

Complaints about Grenfell are investigated by a dedicated team. The Grenfell Complaints team can be contacted if you wish to formally make an expression of dissatisfaction with a Grenfell-related service or decision made by the service.

To make a Grenfell-related complaint you can email

This Grenfell Complaints Procedure graphic explains all the ways in which you can make a Grenfell-related complaint and what the process is.

The team can consider any complaint about a Grenfell service including complaints about:

  • The application of the Grenfell Rehousing Policy in the rehousing of former residents of Grenfell Tower and Grenfell Walk.
  • The application of the Wider Grenfell Rehousing Policy in the rehousing of residents of Barandon Walk, Testerton Walk, Hurstway Walk, Treadgold House and Bramley House.
  • The Dedicated Service for bereaved and survivors.
  • Management of properties occupied by former residents of Grenfell Tower and Grenfell Walk, including complaints about repairs to properties.
  • The Curve Community Centre.
  • The Family and Friends Assistance Centre.
  • The former keywork service, discretionary financial payments or other support provided to those affected during the emergency response phase.

Complaints which are outside the scope of the Grenfell Complaints process include:

  • Challenges to an agreed policy or procedure (you can, however, complain about how the Council applied a policy or procedure or used it to make a decision).
  • Complaints about other Council services (for example: schools admissions decisions, statutory children’s or adult’s services, parking).
  • Complaints about mainstream Housing or Housing Management services (including complaints relating to the management of the Lancaster West Estate).
  • Claims for compensation dealt with by the Council’s insurers or complaints about a decision that insurers have made.
  • Complaints about the conduct of Councillors as these are dealt with by the Monitoring Officer with the policy available on the Councillor conduct page.
  • Any perceived failure by the any organisation that is not part of the Council (including, for example, complaints about decision by the DWP regarding Housing Benefit).
  • Subject Access Requests, Freedom of Information requests or data breaches.

The team will not usually be able to consider cases where:

  • A complaint includes the same facts as those that you have instructed solicitors to start a court claim or one is already in progress.
  • The facts/decision to which the complaint relates occurred more than 12 months ago (however, these will be considered on a case-by-case basis).

Residents rehoused under the Grenfell Rehousing Policy and the Wider Grenfell Rehousing Policy have the right to have the decision taken about their case reviewed by the IA. This is separate from the complaints process. More information about this is contained in the Rehousing Review Factsheet.

Rehousing Review Fact Sheet

Stage 3 complaints procedure fact sheet