About the Board
The Health and Wellbeing Board is responsible for improving the health and wellbeing of people in Kensington and Chelsea.
Our strategy outlines how we aim to achieve this.
Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy (JHWS)
Our strategy is based on what local people need and what will have a lasting positive impact on their lives.
A Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA):
- showed us what local needs are
- helped us to set our priorities
The outcomes the Board wants to achieve will inform how we buying health and social care services that will address needs identified in the JSNA.
Developing the JHWS 2016-21
The Health and Wellbeing Board hosted a number of conversations in 2016 with:
- members of the public
- staff from local authority and NHS organisations
- voluntary and community sector representatives
We also completed a thorough review of the evidence of local need contained in the JSNA. This helped us identify four priority areas over the next five years:
- Supporting good mental health for all.
- Supporting children, young people and families to have the best possible start.
- Addressing the rising tide of long-term conditions.
- Building a sustainable health and social care system that is fit for the future.