The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea's Arts Service aims to encourage, support and promote the development of a wide range of art forms including architecture, fashion, new media, film, public art, music and theatre. We are committed to:
- increasing access to and participation in the arts
- developing the infrastructure of arts provisions in the borough
- encouraging artistic excellence and promoting good practice
In order to achieve this, the Arts Service provides advice and information to enable artists and organisations to flourish, works in partnership to develop innovative arts projects and activities and also organises regular arts networking events on a range of issues.
The Arts Service also runs a small Arts Grants scheme to support arts activities or projects undertaken within the borough.
From the Arts Service
- Arts Grants scheme
- Art on Show
- Portobello Road Arts Project
- Napoleon Garden
- Sing to Live, Live to Sing!
- InTRANSIT Festival 2015
- Nour Festival of Arts 2014
- Celebration of Science 2014
- Arts Newsletter
- Art venues in the Borough
- Networking and Training
Helping artists achieve their potential
The Arts Services supplied by the Council are there for all artists from painters and writers to dancers and musicians. Our main aim is to support and give direction to the relevant resources that are needed for artists to flourish. We have a number of schemes in place to support artists that live and work in the borough.