The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea's Arts Service aims to encourage, support and promote the development of a wide range of art forms including architecture, fashion, new media, film, public art, music and theatre. We are committed to:
- increasing access to and participation in the arts
- developing the infrastructure of arts provisions in the borough
- encouraging artistic excellence and promoting good practice
In order to achieve this, the Arts Service provides advice and information to enable artists and organisations to flourish, works in partnership to develop innovative arts projects and activities and also organises regular arts networking events on a range of issues.
The Arts Service also runs a small Arts Grants scheme to support arts activities or projects undertaken within the borough.
Currently from the Arts Service
- Black History Month listings
- Arts Grants scheme
- Portobello Road Arts Project
- Portobello Pavillion
- Sing to Live, Live to Sing!
- Art venues in the Borough
- Research and Policy
Previously from the Arts Service
- Art on Show
- Napoleon Garden
- In TRANSIT Festival 2016
- Nour Festival of Arts 2016
- Celebration of Science 2016
Helping artists achieve their potential
The Arts Services supplied by the Council are there for all artists from painters and writers to dancers and musicians. Our main aim is to support and give direction to the relevant resources that are needed for artists to flourish. We have a number of schemes in place to support artists that live and work in the borough.