Holding an event

If you are planning to hold an event in the borough's streets, parks and open spaces please let us know the details by completing the online special events application form

If you have any other enquiries relating to events within the borough please email specialevents@rbkc.gov.uk 

The Filming and Special Events Office will coordinate your application to ensure it has the relevant council permissions from the Highways (road closures and temporay highways consents) Street Lighting, Parking, Street Trading and Enforcement, Licensing and Planning Department's where applicable.

Any activity on the public highway; that is likely to cause an obstruction, requires permission from the Council.

Lead in times, fees, and charges.pdf [PDF] (file size 132.24 KB)


Temporary highway consents

  • infastructure on the public highway (including the footway)
  • minimum ten working days notice
  • download Indemnity Form [PDF] (file size 61Kb)
  • download an editable version of the Indemnity Form [Word] (file size 39Kb) You will need Microsoft Word installed on your computer to open this document.

Promotional licences

  • promoting or distributing a commercial brand / product
  • minimum ten working days notice
  • see Leaflet Distribution License for an application form

Regulated entertainment

  • sale or supply of alcohol
  • amplified music and dance
  • minimum ten working days notice
  • see our guidance notes for Licencing guidelines

Charity events

Charitable Collections

  • before applying to the Council for the necessary permissions, you will need to ensure you have a charitable collections licence issued by the Metropolitan Police.
  • see the Metropolitan Police website for guidance on charitable collection licences

If you would like to apply to hold a street party, see our street parties page

Useful Links

The Can Do Guide  created by the Cabinet Office provides valuable information relating to organising and running voluntary and community events.

Visit the London Events Toolkit website for guidance on planning events in the capital.

If you are interested in holding an event in the Hammersmith and Fulham, please see their web pages.