Notting Hill Carnival
Notting Hill Carnival is the biggest street Carnival in Europe, attracting thousands of visitors. Carnival is enjoyed by residents and visitors alike as one of the most consistent and visible cultural contributions made by London’s Caribbean community. The Council is proud to support this spectacular event and its organiser Notting Hill Carnival Ltd (NHCL), and provides operational support to the organisers.
While Carnival brings the streets of Notting Hill alive, we recognise the event does impact those who live and work in the area. We work closely with all agencies involved to ensure that Carnival is safe and spectacular but avoids unnecessary disruption for residents and businesses.
Notting Hill Carnival 2019
The official residents’ information booklet has been produced by organisers NHCL and provides practical advice and tips for Carnival, including the route and event schedule, road closures and parking restrictions, public transport diversions and important safety information. A copy has been sent to every household and business in the Carnival footprint. You can also pick up a copy at any of the borough’s libraries and leisure centres or selected community centres.
The Organiser’s app features an interactive map and full performing artists’ listing, and can be downloaded from the App Store and Google Play.
- Carnival Street trading
- Road closures and parking suspensions
- Carnival preparation in and around the borough
- Private and residential street trading
- Remembrance and respect for Grenfell
- Carnival clear-up
- Transport for London website - plan your journey
Organiser general enquiries
Notting Hill Carnival (NHCL) for Carnival arenas, floats, stages, sound systems and press accreditation:
Council general enquiries
Before and after the event - Council's Carnival Office:
- tel: 020 7341 5109 (Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm)
- email: email@example.com
During the event - Council's Carnival enquiry line:
- tel: 020 7361 3868 (Sunday 25 and Monday 26 August 9am - 9pm)
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: introducing this dedicated resident phone line during the event is a pilot scheme and is separate and smaller to the main weekday service. We will endeavour to respond to your query as quickly as possible, but please be aware that Council staff working at the event may be responding to emergency issues.
For Council-managed housing:
- tel: 0800 137 111 (Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm)
For the Council’s licensed Street Trading pitches:
- tel: 020 7341 5147
- email: email@example.com
- tel: 020 7361 3002 (7 days a week, 24 hours)
- online Report It form for noise issues (select Notting Hill Carnival from the drop-down list)
Street and basement cleaning
- tel: 020 7361 3001 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)
- online Report It form for Carnival-related basement cleaning, flyposting, graffiti, temporary toilets (select Notting Hill Carnival from the drop-down list)