Information and maps on traffic measures for Notting Hill Carnival.
Notting Hill Carnival 2019
Each year, a number of road closures and parking suspensions are required to facilitate Carnival – from the floats to sound systems to traders – and for crowd management, to ensure a safe and successful event.
Across much of the Carnival footprint, non-authorised vehicles will have no access between Sunday 25 August and Tuesday 27 August, and some measures are put in place earlier than this to set up the event, with closure points managed by the Metropolitan Police
The following maps show the traffic measures which will be in place:
- to use the interactive map, enter your postcode or road into the search bar and use the zoom in option to view the coloured line for your road, and click on the line to view the measure
All of these maps make reference to schedules, which relate to each of the following traffic management measures and their timings. Please do consider the closure measures on the roads around yours, and whether your road has more than one measure, as these will impact your journey.
Full closure (red on map)
- Vehicles cannot use these roads throughout the 48-hour closure from 6am on Sunday 25 to 6am on Tuesday 27 August 2019.
- This includes restrictions for waiting, parking or unloading.
- Cars already parked in these roads can remain parked, at the owners own risk, unless parked in suspended bays.
- Only authorised vehicles have access to these roads between 6am and 8.30am on Sunday 25 and between 6am and 8.30am on Monday 26 August 2019.
- to facilitate Panorama on Saturday 24 August 2019, a number of roads in Schedule I are closed between noon and 11pm
To facilitate hostile vehicle mitigation as part of anti-terrorism measures, a number of roads in Schedule I are closed an hour earlier on Sunday 25 August at 5am
Please check the alphabetical listing of Schedule I impacted roads
Yellow line parking restrictions (green on map)
- Vehicles are prohibited from parking on the single yellow lines: for some roads the measure is in place between 10am and 8pm on Sunday 25 and Monday 26 August 2019; and on other roads between 7am and 11pm on other roads on Sunday 25 and Monday 26 August 2019.
- Please check the alphabetical listing of Schedule II impacted roads.
Safety zones with restricted vehicle and non-resident pedestrain access (blue on map)
- Vehicles cannot use Schedule III roads between 6am and 11pm on Sunday 25 and Monday 26 August 2019.
- Pedestrians cannot access these roads between 6am and 11pm on Sunday 25 and Monday 26 August 2019, unless they are a resident, and can provide a form of ID as proof of residency.
- Between the hours of 6am and 8.30am only, on Sunday 25 and Monday 26 August 2019, residents living in these roads, or a business with a legal interest in a business premise in the these roads can only move their vehicle out of the Safety Zone.
Option for one-way pedestrian system (yellow on map)
- In the interests of Public Order and Safety, the Police may feel it necessary to restrict pedestrians from entering or being in this road, between the hours of 7pm and 11pm on Sunday 25 and Monday 26 August 2019.
- Residents will be allowed to enter this road in such circumstances, on foot and with a form of ID as proof of residency.
Option for pedestrian closure (turqoise on map)
- In the interests of Public Order and Safety, the Police may feel it necessary to restrict pedestrians from entering or being in these roads at any time.
- Residents will be allowed to enter these roads in such circumstances, on foot and with a form of ID as proof of residency.
Parking bay suspensions (not on map)
- There are a number of bay suspensions with different days and times of operation, so please check the alphabetical listing of impacted Schedule VI roads.
Please contact the Carnival Office for information or enquiries about the road closures: