Notting Hill Carnival 2022
Notting Hill Carnival is the biggest community-led street celebration on the planet and one of Britain’s iconic annual events.
For the first time since 2019, Carnival returns to being an in-person event over the August bank holiday weekend, bringing people back together and showing off the very best of our vibrant local culture. London’s diverse heritage is one of its greatest strengths and each year this annual celebration brings people of all backgrounds together in a colourful celebration of local culture.
Supporting and celebrating our community is a year-round commitment and a cornerstone of our work as councils. Carnival can have a huge impact on those who live and work in the area and the Councils of Kensington and Chelsea and Westminster work with the organiser and partners to support our residents, providing services and facilities to keep disruption to a minimum. We would like to thank you for your patience and understanding.
This Notting Hill Carnival website section mirrors the annual printed Resident Guide [linked here] in providing practical advice and tips for Carnival. It includes helpline numbers and maps that detail the route, road closures and parking restrictions, the safety zones and event elements such as the Judging Zone and sound systems.
Saturday 27 August
Panorama, the UK Steelpan extravaganza the night before Carnival takes place 6pm to 11pm at Emslie Horniman’s Pleasance Park, Kensal Road, W10 3DH
Sunday 28 August
- The traditional celebration of J’Ouvert before the formal start of Carnival takes place 6am to 9am at Sainsbury’s, Canal Way, Ladbroke Grove, W10 5AA
- The Official Notting Hill Carnival 2022 Opening Ceremony starts at 10am to 10.30am at the Judging Zone on Great Western Road
- The Children’s Day Parade and Carnival from 10.30am to 5pm
- Adults ‘Dutty Mas’ with an extended J’Ouvert theme from 10.30am to 8.30pm on the Parade Route.
Monday 29 August
Adults Day Parade and Carnival 10.30am to 8.30pm on the Parade Route.
Across both Sunday and Monday
- Static Sound Systems 12pm to 7pm
- Judging Point Closes 8.30pm – Great Western Road / Westbourne Park Road Street
- Street Trading operates from 10am to 8pm in Kensington and Chelsea and 10am to 7pm in Westminster.
The Event Map shows the location of Carnival elements including the Judging Zone, Safety Zones, Street Trading, Sound Systems Toilets and First Aid Centres.
Please note that due to industrial action by London United Buses on Sunday 28 and Monday 29 August, there will be limited limited services running to and from West and South West London and Carnival.