Activities for adults in parks and leisure centres in the borough
Active for life activities
- Free Fitness sessions in your local park
Free opportunity to participate in activity sessions in the park. Available to all ages, abilities, and backgrounds, led by qualified instructors for fun and accessible activities. These are being brought to you by Kensington and Chelsea Council.
- All sessions start week beginning 28 June 2021
- Sessions are following Covid guidelines, please turn up on the day.
Wednesday 11-12pm Zumba at Kensington Memorial Park
- Zumba is a fitness program that combines Latin and international music with dance moves. Zumba routines incorporate interval training — alternating fast and slow rhythms — to help improve cardiovascular fitness. No equipment needed.
- Meeting Point: Outside the kiosk
- Active for Life Outdoor Programme
No need to pre book but please turn up 5 to 10 minutes early.
Led by trained residents, our five Health Walks are free of charge and open to all abilities. Meet new people who share a passion for the outdoors and join any of our Health Walks.
- Monday 10.30am to 11.30am Grand Union Canal *Meeting point: Sainsbury’s Ladbroke Grove, Canalside*
- Tuesday 10.30am to 11.30am Battersea Park *Meeting point: Albert Bridge (Kensington and Chelsea side) *
- Wednesday 10.30am to 11.30am Brompton Cemetery *Meeting point: Old Brompton Road entrance*
- Thursday 10.30am to 11.30am Holland Park *Meeting point: Café*
- Friday 10.30am to 11.30am Kensington Gardens *Meeting point: King’s Arms Gate*
An instructor led class incorporating stretches and power walking. Suitable for regular brisk walkers. Improves cardiovascular fitness, balance, and co-ordination.
- Monday 12.30pm to 1.30pm Holland Park *Meeting point: Stable Yard*
Improve your shots, have fun, get a workout, play non-competitively. Two-hour session with a coach (cardio, coaching tips, and match play).
- Wednesday 9am to 11am Holland Park *Meeting point: Tennis Courts by Kensington High Street entrance*
Post pregnancy exercise with experienced instructor, with a mixture of cardio, toning and core stability work, while meeting new friends.
- Wednesdays 11am to 12pm Holland Park *Meeting point: Café*
Tai Chi is a Chinese martial art that combines body co-ordination and breathing techniques. It helps to improve strength, flexibility, and posture. This is an ideal exercise for all participants at any stage of fitness.
- Wednesday 12pm to 1pm Holland Park *Meeting point: Outside Orangery*
Nordic walking is a Finnish-origin total-body version of walking that can be enjoyed both by non-athletes as a health-promoting physical activity, and by athletes as a sport. The activity is performed with specially designed walking poles like ski poles.
- Thursday 3pm to 4pm Holland Park *Meeting point: Stable Yard*
- Leisure Centre Classes
Active for Life classes are now ‘turn up on the day’, with no prior booking necessary. Face coverings are optional when in the centres.
Kensington Leisure Centre
Day Class Time Monday
10.30am - 11.30am Monday Swimming for Disabled Adults 11am - 12pm Monday Strictly Dance 1:30pm - 3pm Monday Swimming Lessons 2pm - 3pm Monday Yoga 3pm - 4pm Monday Women Only Pilates 4:45pm - 5:45pm Tuesday Women Only Power and Pump 10am - 11am Tuesday Multi Sports for Disabled Adults 10am - 11:30am Tuesday Tai Chi 12:30pm – 1:30pm Tuesday Beginner Pilates 3pm - 4pm Wednesday Intermediate Pilates 12pm - 1pm Wednesday Women Only Spinning 6pm - 7pm Thursday Gym Club 2pm - 3pm Thursday Zumba 2pm - 3pm Friday Gym Club for Disabled Adults 11am - 12:30pm Friday Aquamotion 1:30pm - 2:30pm Friday Belrobics (Starting Jan 2022) 2pm - 3pm
Chelsea Sports Centre
Day Class Time Wednesday 50+ Swimming Time
11:30am - 12:30pm
Thursday Circuit Training 11am - 12pm Thursday Line Dancing 2:30pm - 4pm Friday Strictly Dance 2:30pm - 4pm
- Online Exercise Class Programme
All classes are free and will be taught via zoom.
- Mondays 10am – 11am Belrobics
Belrobics is a belly dance inspired fitness programme that will have you shimmying and shaking your troubles away... A feel good, fun & effective workout to a wide variety of Arabic rhythms.
- Mondays 6pm -7pm Conditioning
Cardio and resistance work to an energetic beat to work out your whole body, with a range of exercise techniques that includes aerobics, floor work, weights and resistance training.
- Tuesday 6pm to 7pm Combat Fitness
Combat Fitness is an exercise class that lets you punch and kick your way towards your fitness goals. Not only is it a great whole-body workout for cardio fitness, but it's also superb for burning fat, releasing stress and improving your co-ordination. No equipment needed.
- Thursdays 9.30am to 10.30am Mind and Body Yoga
Harmonizing the body with the mind and breath using different breathing techniques, Yoga poses and meditation.
- Tuesday 1.30pm to 2.30pm Bodypump
This class will target all muscle groups using weights.
- Fridays 10am to 11am Zumba
Zumba is a fitness program that combines Latin and international music with dance moves. Zumba routines incorporate interval training — alternating fast and slow rhythms — to help improve cardiovascular fitness. No equipment needed.
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
What happens if I turn up late?
Please ensure you turn up 5 minutes before the start time as late comers will not be allowed to take part.
Are these sessions suitable for beginners?
Yes, all our sessions are suitable for beginners.
Will outdoor sessions go ahead regardless of weather conditions?
Sessions will go ahead unless high winds or thunder and lightning. Please ensure you bring suitable clothing with you.
How much do sessions cost?
Free until the end of the year.
How old do I need to be to attend sessions?