Kensington Central Library
For information about library closures and services at this time, please visit the Coronavirus service disruptions and updates page.
- all library events and activities have been suspended
- we will be waiving all overdue library charges during this time
Our libraries do offer many free online resources, including eBooks and eMagazines - please see the Online resources and digital library page.
For enquiries please call us on tel: 020 7361 3010 and to contact our Local Studies department, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
12 Phillimore Walk, London, W8 7RX
Telephone: 020 7361 3010
Kensington Central Library houses our Local Studies and archives collection.
Regular opening hours
- Mondays: 9.30am to 8pm
- Tuesdays: 9.30am to 8pm
- Wednesdays: 9.30am to 5pm
- Thursdays: 9.30am to 8pm
- Fridays: 9.30am to 5pm
- Saturdays: 9.30am to 5pm
Events for adults
Events for children and young people
- Computer services
- Internet access, how to book a PC and printing
- Free wifi
- Printing over wifi
- Study areas
- Reading group
- Book Break shared reading group
- eBooks, eMagazines, eNewspapers, eAudiobooks and eComics
- Online resources
- Books in other languages
- CD collection for the borough
- Business Information Point
- Health events
- Blood pressure machine
- Biography Collection
- Folklore and customs collection
- Children and young people
- Computers for children
- Help with homework
- Sessions for the under 5s
We keep our CD collection at Kensington Central Library. You can reserve CDs online and collect them at your local library free of charge.
CDs in Westminster are located at Charing Cross Library, and in Hammersmith and Fulham they are located at Fulham Library. Kensington and Chelsea library members can reserve CDs online free of charge.
If you want to borrow a CD immediately, visit Kensington Central Library, Charing Cross Library or Fulham Library in person.