Young People: Artist-led Life DrawingBook tickets
2 March 2024 / Multiple dates
90 minutes each session, multiple sessions
About the workshops
Join us for a series of 3 life drawing workshops for young people (aged 16-25), each of them led by an emerging artist. The free workshops will focus on a different aspect of Leighton’s drawing practice, in dialogue with the lead artist’s own work. You can join one, two or all three of the workshops.
Lead artists to be announced soon, watch this space!
- These sessions are specifically designed for unaccompanied young people aged 16-25 years old.
- All levels welcomed, from someone who has never drawn to more experienced artists.
- Drawing boards, essential art materials and paper provided.
- Sessions are held on Saturdays 2 and 9 March, 10:30am to 12pm and on Thursday 14 March, 7pm-8:30pm.
- For the evening session, doors open at 6:30pm. The workshop is held in Leighton's studio from 7pm-8:30pm. Doors closed at 9pm.
- Please note that the morning sessions are held when the museum is open to the public and visitors will be onsite.
- All sessions include access to the historic house.
- Life models will be semi-clothed (wearing fitted gym wear) and/or clothed.
- Please note that our exhibition galleries will remain closed during the evening session.
Artist-led Life Drawing for Young People is supported by The Cosman Keller Art & Music Trust.
For updates on all of our upcoming events sign up to our museums e-newsletter