Public Health England has reported that 13 cases of coronavirus have been confirmed in the UK. The government and NHS are well prepared to deal with this virus.
Symptoms of coronavirus develop within 14 days and include a cough, fever or shortness of breath.
If you have travelled from:
- Iran (since Wednesday 19 February)
- Specific lockdown areas in northern Italy (since Wednesday 19 February)
- ‘Special care zones’ in South Korea as designated by the Government of the Republic of South Korea (since Wednesday 19 February)
- Hubei province (within the last 14 days)
You should immediately stay indoors, avoid contact with others and call NHS 111 to inform them of your recent travel to the area. Please follow this advice even if you do not have symptoms of the virus.
If you have travelled from the rest of China and other specified countries within the last 14 days, and develop symptoms, you should also stay indoors, avoid contact with others and call NHS 111 to inform them of your recent travel to the area.
To help protect yourself and others:
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze
- Bin the tissue
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water or use a sanitiser gel