6 September 2017
Notting Hill police station, along with Kenway Road and Pavilion Road Safer Neighbourhood bases, is at risk of being closed down. These key assets play a vital role in our local communities by:
- tackling crime and anti-social behaviour to keep you and your property safe
- protecting people from domestic abuse
- countering terrorism
For victims to disclose these crimes they need to feel that they will be believed and supported. Reducing the opportunities for these conversations to take place in a secure and private setting can only make it harder for victims to come forward.
We are determined to keep these police stations open and we want local communities’ views to be heard. Notting Hill may be thought of as one of the most affluent areas in London, but we also have some of the most deprived areas in the country. It is important that the policing model reflects that.
What you can do
- Sign the petition to save Notting Hill police station
- Share your views on accessing Met Police services. The Mayor’s consultation closes on 6 October
- Show your support on social media using the hashtag #SaveNottingHill