Interested in a bespoke wedding that will be one for the ages?
Chelsea Old Town Hall located on the iconic King’s Road recently underwent an intensive 11 month renovation and to celebrate their relaunch, collaborated with over 40 local and small businesses to transform the ceremony rooms and halls with not one, but five styled shoots happening in one day.
With a Kensington and Chelsea Council priority being to provide greater support to small businesses and increase local procurement, connecting with boutique businesses who serviced the luxury market was vital. Putting the call out and giving them a chance to be a featured supplier means more referrals and potentially more business.
“I am a make up artist and have a studio here and was so pleased to find out about this opportunity to work with Kensington and Chelsea to transform numerous faces and spaces all in one day. Although challenging, it was so much fun working with the eight models and to make a long term relationship with such a prestigious borough is invaluable.” Halimah, HBeauty.co
With another priority being to make Kensington and Chelsea a better place to live, work and learn, the Council has just released “Our plan for a successful economy” where they’ve committed to help local businesses by:
- Benefitting from our Council supply chain
- Creating a digital ‘one stop shop’ information portal for businesses and a local business database to promote B2B activity and opportunities
- Encouraging larger established businesses and entrepreneurs to mentor small and newer businesses
- Developing a range of partnerships, networking events and information exchanges for local businesses
- Delivering initiatives to support local employment and ‘buying local’
- Seeking external funding to support the delivery of flexible and affordable workspaces
Steven Lord, Head Registrar at Chelsea Old Town Hall had this to say
“Five shoots in one day is an ambitious undertaking for most venues, but the professionalism, willingness to get involved and hard work of all of our suppliers meant that it was a pleasure. The day was fantastic, the pictures phenomenal, and we hope that this initial collaboration with these businesses is the start of many going forward.”
To read our plans for a stronger local economy visit www.rbkc.gov.uk/economy-strategy