Using mobile lifting equipment
If you want to use any mechanical lifting equipment on a public road in the borough you need to:
- apply for a mobile lifting operation licence
- suspend all parking within the works area
You may also need to:
- suspend additional parking bays to control traffic flow
- apply and pay for other permits
The conditions attached to the mobile lifting operation licence are to:
- ensure no part of the lifting equipment is placed on the footway
- provide an easy-to-read and clear drawing which shows the planned works area and how you will deal with any affected pedestrians and vehicular traffic
- sign an indemnity form to indemnify the The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea against any damages or legal claims as a result of your actions
- formally inform all residents and businesses within the affected area of your planned lifting works, and deal with any objections
- follow all your licence's conditions, including any concerning pedestrian safety
It takes a minimum of two weeks from the application date and payment before we can issue a licence.
Temporary traffic orders
If you require traffic management or you need to close a road it can take longer. In these cases you also need to apply and pay for a temporary traffic order.
Apply for a licence
The cost for a mobile lifting operation licence is £330.
You need to make your application at least two weeks in advance.
To apply, complete the application form.
We will issue you with a copy of the licence before your works start. You must display it on site for the duration of the closure.
Parking Suspensions application process includes information about the required notice period to apply and how to apply.