Information about mobile lifting operation licences including the costs, how to apply and the need for a separate application for parking suspensions.
Mobile Lifting Operation (MLO) Licence
In order to use any mechanical lifting equipment on any of the public roads within the borough you need to apply for a Mobile Lifting Operation Licence.
You will also need to suspend all the parking within the works area and also you might need to suspend additional parking bays for reasons of traffic flow. Other permits may also need to be applied and paid for.
- What are the conditions?
- How do I apply for a Mobile Lifting Operation Licence?
- How much does a Mobile Lifting Operation Licence cost?
- Parking suspensions NB. you will also need to separately apply and pay for the suspension of all of the parking bays within the closed off area.
- Because of the inconvenience that Mobile Lifting equipment can cause to the general public, we request that they are planned to be carried out at the most convenient time and for as short a time as possible in order to minimise disruption.
- No part of the lifting equipment is to be placed on the footway.
- You must provide us with an easy to read clear drawing of your planed works area, showing the extent of the works area, and how you are proposing to deal with pedestrians and any vehicular traffic that might be affected by your works.
- You must sign an indemnity form to indemnify the The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, against any damages or legal claims as a result of your actions.
- It takes a minimum of two weeks from the date of application and payment before a Mobile Lifting Operation Licence can be raised, but on certain roads it can take longer, especially if you require traffic management or you need to close a road, in which case you would also need to apply and pay for a temporary traffic order.
- You must formally inform all of the residents and businesses within the affected area of your planned lifting works, and deal with any objections that they may have.
- You must follow all your licence's conditions, including any concerning pedestrian safety.
You can apply for a Mobile Lifting Operation Licence by completing the Mobile Lifting Operation Licence application form.
- the cost of a MLO licence is £172 - minimum 2 weeks advance notice required
- we will issue you with a copy of the Mobile Lifting Operation Licence before the event, which you must display on site for the duration of the closure
Here you will find an overview of the Parking Suspensions application process including information on the required notice period to apply for a suspension and how to apply for a suspension.