New residents

If you are moving into the borough and do not have the required documents we will issue a three month permit if you provide either a solicitor’s letter of completion (dated within the last three months) or a Tenancy agreement (valid for at least six months).

If you are moving into the borough and intend to live in the borough for more than six months, you may apply for a permit up to a week in advance of your move. Your permit will be valid from the day before you are due to move in.

If you are the registered keeper of the vehicle, you must arrange to have the address on your vehicle registration certificate(V5C) changed to your new Royal Borough address. It is your responsibility to arrange this in time if you wish to apply for further permits.

Last updated: 1 February 2022