This page is for reference only. Please visit the main policy webpage for the most up to date information.
As part of the Core Strategy review the Council updated its policies on Conservation and Design. The main issue was to ensure the Core Strategy subsumes the extant UDP policies and strategic conservation guidance found in our Conservation Area Proposals Statements. These related to the Renewing the Legacy and An Engaging Public Realm chapters.
Conservation and Design: Publication Planning Policy (Current Consultation)
This was the second 'Publication' consultation, the first having taken place between July and September 2013. The Council took the opportunity to use the intervening period to re-draft parts of the policy to take account of a number of the representations received.
The period for representations for the Publication Document was between Wednesday 12 February and midnight on Wednesday 26 March 2014.
A 'Guide to making representations' before making your comments was available to assist in making comments.
Visit our consultation portal to view the documents.
The following documents related to this consultation:
- Conservation and Design Publication Policies [PDF] (file size 396KB)
- Consultation Response Form (file size 28KB)
- SEA Publication Policy [PDF] (file size 700 KB)
- SEA Scoping Report [PDF] (file size 300KB)
- SEA Scoping Report - Appendix 1 - UDP Policies [PDF] (file size 754KB)
- SEA Scoping Report - Appendix 2 - Core Strategy Policies [PDF] (file size 40KB)
- Equalities Impact Assessment [PDF] (file size 64KB)
- Policy Formulation Report [PDF] (file size 214KB)
- Consultation Statement [PDF] (file size 186KB)
Page last updated: August 2015