Notice of Referendum - St Quintin and Woodlands - Neighbourhood Plan Area
The referendum on the St Quintin and Woodlands Neighbourhood Plan will be held on 25 February at St Helen's Church, St Helens Gardens, London W10 6LP.
Referendum on the adoption of the St Quintin and Woodlands Neighbourhood Plan
1. A referendum will be held on Thursday 25 February 2016 to decide on the question below:
‘Do you want the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea to use the Neighbourhood Plan for St Quintin and Woodlands to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?’
2. A copy of the referendum version of the plan can be viewed in North Kensington Library or Kensington Central Library. Copies of other specified documents are available for inspection at the Town Hall Customer Service Centre between 9.00am and 5.00pm.
3.The Referendum area is identical to the area which has been designated as the St Quintin and Woodlands Neighbourhood Area.
4. A person is entitled to vote in the Referendum if on 31 October 2013:
(a) he or she is entitled to vote in an election of any Councillor of the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea whose area is in the Referendum area; and
(b) his or her qualifying address for the election is in the Referendum area. A persons qualifying address is, in relation to a person registered in the register of electors, the address in respect of which he or she is entitled to be so registered.
If any elector wants further information please phone 020 73613444, or email email@example.com
5. Applications to be included on the register of electors for this referendum must be received no later than Tuesday 9 February 2016.
6. New applications for, or amendments or cancellations of postal votes and amendments or cancellations of existing proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the Town Hall, Hornton Street, London, W8 7NX by 5pm on Wednesday 10 February 2016.
7. New applications to vote by proxy at this referendum must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the Town Hall, Hornton Street, London, W8 7NX by 5pm on Wednesday 17 February 2016.
8. The deadline for new applications to be received by the Electoral Registration Officer to vote by proxy on grounds of occupation, service or employment or a medical condition, illness or disability arising after 5pm on Wednesday 17 February 2016 must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the Town Hall, Hornton Street, London, W8 7NX by 5pm on Thursday 25 February 2016.
9. The Referendum expenses limit that will apply in relation to the Referendum is £2,496.60. The number of persons entitled to vote in the Referendum by reference to which that limit has been calculated is 2282.
10. The Referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedures which are similar to those used at local government elections.
11. The Neighbourhood Plan and accompanying documents are available to download from the St Quintin and Woodlands webpage.
Dated: Thursday 21 January 2016