Bulky household waste collections
Too Big For The Bin collection service
If you have larger household items that you want to throw away, our Too Big for the Bin service can help.
We collect most furniture and household items such as:
- TVs and stereos
- washing machines
- tables and chairs
We don't collect:
We can only collect from residential properties within the borough.
Commercial customers including property managing agents, commercial and private landlords can use our commercial waste services.
Costs and booking
We can collect up to ten bulky items for £34.00.
The service is currently free of charge if you are receiving housing and/or council tax benefit. We will need your NI number when you book.
We can only release dates on a week by week basis. If there are no slots available at the time of booking please try again in a few days, as we release new dates every week.
If you would like to make amendments to your existing booking please email us at email@example.com or call on 020 7361 3001 before 12pm on the working day (Monday to Friday) before the collection is due.
Reuse and recycle your bulky waste items
If you think someone else or a neighbour might want an item you want to get rid of, don't dump it, Freegle it free of charge! Freegle is a charity and enables you to exchange unwanted items for free. To find out more, and to see what is currently available, visit Kensington and Chelsea Freegle.
You can use the following apps to find an alternative bulky waste removal provider, some of which may be able to reuse your materials:
- LoveJunk - an online marketplace for the collection of bulky waste, furniture and appliances. It matches you to nearby licensed waste carriers and also reuse charities and is free to use.
- TipTapp - For items such as broken furniture, old mattresses, bulky waste, or garden waste just set the price you are willing to pay and within minutes you will be offered times for same or next day removal from your address.
We collect between 7am and 3pm from Monday to Saturday.
We don't collect on Sundays, bank holidays or the Tuesday following Notting Hill Carnival.
Before we collect
Once you have booked a collection:
- leave your items at ground or basement level on your property - please don't leave them on the pavement
- bundle your items together - for example if you dismantle your wardrobe and bundle into one lot, this will count as one item
- keep mattresses dry as they are very heavy to lift when they're wet
If you are elderly or disabled and need help to move the items yourself to the collection point, please telephone Streetline on 020 7361 3001.
If the item is extremely heavy or bulky we can arrange a three-man crew. This service is only available on the last Wednesday of the month.
Very heavy items include:
- American fridge/freezers
- sofa beds
If you dismantle a sofa bed and remove the metal action this counts as two items, so you won't need a three man crew.
If you want to cancel your appointment contact Streetline on 020 7361 3001 by 12 noon the last working day before the collection is due to take place.
If you don't let us know in time we can't give you a refund.
Last updated: 5 April 2022