Changes to waste collections for the Jubilee
There will be no waste collections on Friday 3 June, 2022. If Friday is your usual collection day, your waste will be collected on Tuesday. Collections will take place as normal on Thursday 2 June 2022.
Find your collection days
We collect rubbish:
- twice a week
- as normal on most bank holidays - check road signs and local advertising for any special arrangements
It's an offence to put your domestic waste out other than on the scheduled days of collection. You could face a Fixed Penalty Notice of £150 or £400, depending on the amount you've left out. You also run the risk of facing court action.
Where to leave your rubbish
Please leave out your rubbish and recycling before 7am on your day of collection (not the night before):
- in your waste storage area if your property has one
- or on the pavement as near the kerb as possible and without causing obstruction
Please do not place anything of value in a waste and recycling storage area, including requesting delivery companies to place your parcels there if you are not home.
Waste and recycling storage areas should be for rubbish and recycling only and if other items are left here, there is a risk that the collection crews will remove them and they will subsequently be sent for disposal. The collection crews operate on a tight schedule and do not have the time to look through every item, to check if may or may not be for disposal.
The Council and their contractor will not be liable for any items that do go missing.
Help us to keep our rubbish and recycling service effective by:
- carefully wrapping glass in newspaper
- remembering your collection days
- packaging your waste securely in a strong plastic bag or dustbin
- marking dustbins and loose lids with your house or flat numbers
- flattening cardboard boxes
putting your waste out before 7am on your day of collection (not the night before)
What we collect
We only collect usual household waste. Find out what we do and don't collect.
If you have large items such as fridges and freezers to throw out, use our Too Big for the Bin service.
What if my rubbish isn't collected?
If we haven't collected your rubbish by 3pm please contact us and we will arrange for it to be collected within 24 hours.
If you want to make a complaint complete the fault reporting form.
Bank holiday collections
We collect rubbish on bank holidays apart from:
- Christmas Day
- Boxing Day
- New Year's Day
- Good Friday
- Summer bank holiday
Other types of waste
- Garden waste: subscribe for our garden waste collection
- Food waste: we run a limited food waste collection
- Recycling: find out about recycling in the borough
Last updated: 26 May 2022