Bulky household waste collections
Too Big For The Bin collection service
If you have larger household items that you want to throw away, our Too Big for the Bin service can help.
We collect most furniture and household items such as:
- TVs and stereos
- washing machines
- tables and chairs
We don't collect:
We can only collect from residential properties within the borough.
Please be advised that collections will only take place from outside of the building itself, unless you qualify for an internal collection.
Commercial customers including property managing agents, commercial and private landlords can use our commercial waste services.
Costs and booking
We can collect up to ten bulky items for £39.20.
The service is currently free of charge if you are receiving housing and/or council tax benefit. We will need your NI number when you book.
We can only release dates on a week by week basis. If there are no slots available at the time of booking please try again in a few days, as we release new dates every week.
If you would like to make amendments to your existing booking please email us at [email protected] or call on 020 7361 3001 before 12pm on the working day (Monday to Friday) before the collection is due.
Reuse and recycle your bulky waste items
If you think someone else or a neighbour might want an item you want to get rid of, don't dump it, Freegle it free of charge! Freegle is a charity and enables you to exchange unwanted items for free. To find out more, and to see what is currently available, visit Kensington and Chelsea Freegle.
You can use the following apps to find an alternative bulky waste removal provider, some of which may be able to reuse your materials:
- LoveJunk - an online marketplace for the collection of bulky waste, furniture and appliances. It matches you to nearby licensed waste carriers and also reuse charities and is free to use.
- TipTapp - For items such as broken furniture, old mattresses, bulky waste, or garden waste just set the price you are willing to pay and within minutes you will be offered times for same or next day removal from your address.
We collect between 7am and 3pm from Monday to Saturday.
We don't collect on Sundays, bank holidays or the Tuesday following Notting Hill Carnival.
Before we collect
Once you have booked a collection:
- leave your items at ground or basement level on your property but outside the building itself – please don’t leave them on the pavement if possible
- make the team aware of any issues which may obstruct the removal of the items from your property, such as narrow with turns or spiral staircases
- bundle your items together - for example if you dismantle your wardrobe and bundle into one lot, this will count as one item
- keep mattresses dry as they are very heavy to lift when they're wet
If you are elderly or disabled and need an internal collection as you are unable to move the items yourself to the collection point, please telephone Streetline on 020 7361 3001.
This will require a risk assessment to be carried out by the contractor but there are only a limited number of assessments carried out each week. Therefore, there could be a wait time of several weeks from the time of requesting a risk assessment to the collection date.
If the item is extremely heavy or bulky we can arrange a three-man crew. This service is only available on the last Wednesday of the month.
Very heavy items include:
- American fridge/freezers
- sofa beds
If you dismantle a sofa bed and remove the metal action this counts as two items, so you won't need a three man crew.
If you want to cancel your appointment contact Streetline on 020 7361 3001 by 12 noon the last working day before the collection is due to take place.
If you don't let us know in time we can't give you a refund.
Last updated: 21 August 2023