If you are a trustee or proprietor of a venue in Kensington and Chelsea and wish to register your venue as a location where marriages and civil partnerships may take place, there are three easy steps to follow:
- Complete the application form below.
- Gather the following supporting documents:
- Plans of your premises showing which rooms will be licensed for ceremonies. The plans should also clearly indicate entrance and exit routes; emergency escape routes; and toilet facilities including for wheelchair users.
- Your most recent fire risk assessment including fire evacuation plan (not older than 18 months)
- Return your completed application form and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Kensington and Chelsea Register Office, Chelsea Old Town Hall, London, SW3 5EE.
Once your application is received, an officer will contact you to take payment. Payment can be by card, cheque or BACS. Fees for ceremonies licences are as follows:
|Maximum Capacity of All Licensed Rooms of Venue||3 year licence||5 year licence|
|Up to 150||£1325||£2000|
|151 - 300||£1475||£2230|
|301 - 500||£1675||£2550|
|501 and over||£1875||£2800|
As part of the licensing procedure, an inspection visit will take place by both the Superintendent Registrar and officer from the council’s Fire, Health and Safety department. In addition, a public advertisement will appear on this page for three weeks allowing for public objections.
Once an application has been approved, the holder must notify us any change of circumstances including:
- layout of the premises
- use of the premises
- name or full postal address of the premises
- description of the room or rooms in which the proceedings are to take place
- name or address of the holder of the approval and
- name, address or qualification of the responsible person.
Approval of additional rooms is treated as a new application.
This application form should also be used if you are the trustee or proprietor of a religious building licensed for marriages and wish to license it for civil partnerships.
Religious marriages and civil partnerships
If you represent a religious building and would like to: license it for worship; license it for opposite and / or same sex marriages, or disuse the building as a religious venue, please see the links below for full information. The completed forms should be sent to us at email@example.com