Information about our equality objectives, workforce report and corporate equality policy which can be downloaded.
Our Equality Objectives
Under the Equality Act 2010, the Council is required to set one or more equality objectives that will help meet its obligations to eliminate discrimination, advance equality of opportunity and foster good relations between people of different protected characteristics. Protected characteristics under the Equality Act are based on:
- Gender reassignment
- Marriage and Civil Partnership
- Pregnancy and Maternity
- Religion and Belief
- Sexual Orientation
Our objectives, published in December 2016 for review in 2018 are:
- Work closely with our partners to ensure that we have a workforce that is trained, skilled and ready for work.
- Increase the proportion of disabled residents in employment and ensure that disabled staff and residents are considered in future workforce planning.
- Increase the opportunity for all council employees to fulfil their potential, and ensure equality of representation at all levels of the organisation.
- Work to eradicate any discrimination within our recruitment processes and start recruiting for attitude and training to skill.
Please note: You are free to use and re-use the data which appears on this page freely and flexibly, subject to the terms of the Open Government Licence. If re-using this data, please cite the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea as the information provider.