The Environment Select Committee
The Environment Select Committee examines topics related to the preservation, enhancement and protection of the built and natural environment and partnerships connected to this; the performance of the Planning Department; issues connected with the quality of life in the borough such as tourism, environmental quality and cleanliness, pollution and environmental health matters, flooding, transport, traffic management, etc.
The topics for review prioritised by the Overview and Scrutiny Committee for this Select Committee for the municipal year 2019-2020 are:
- Enforcement Services (including Customer and Resident focused Environmental Services Transformation)
- housing supply in the borough
- Grenfell Recovery Strategy
- air quality and sustainability
- the Ultra-Low Emission Zone
- planning policy and procedures (including Section 106 agreements, pre-application planning advice and supplementary planning documents)
- high streets (jointly with Overview and Scrutiny Committee)
This Select Committee will decide how and when to review these topics in its first meeting on 15 October 2019. Meeting papers and agendas are available on the Committees pages.
The Select Committee will undertake detailed reviews of these topics throughout the municipal year. It will carry out these reviews in a variety of ways, including setting up working groups to gather evidence in the community to hear from local people and other experts.