Foreign students with an overseas partner or dependent

If you are a foreign full-time student with a partner or dependant who is not a British Citizen and is not allowed to work or claim benefits, you will not have to pay Council Tax while you are studying.

You will have to upload a copy of your partner's passport as well as a valid copy of your student certificate.

To apply for a student discount or exemption, all you need to do is link your Council Tax account to your MyRBKC account. You will only need to do this once.

Note: You need to make sure that you register for Council Tax.  

You can also make your application in writing or use the Contact us form quoting your Council Tax reference number.